Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crystal Clear Waters of Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (by Jin)

Today I (Jin) went on a boat to an island. It was called Manukan Island. It has crystal clear water. I went snorkeling with mom and dad. We saw lots of coral, fish and sea urchins in the water. {Note:  Jeff is co-authoring from this point on} Qi got bit by a jelly "bug" (something like a jelly fish) in a very private area (OUCH!!!).  Jin claims that he was stung in 5 places, but Qi was only one who needed medical attention. Sunny also went snorkeling with Dad and saw plenty of tropical fish.  

We're heading to an Orang-utan preserve tomorrow.  Borneo is the native habitat of orang-utans.  Laura is ecstatic!!!  Mr Zhu, our driver, wants us to bring a orang-utan back to Shanghai so that he can keep it as a pet (I'm only half-kidding).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We found Kota Kinabalu on the globe!

Unknown said...

Dad and I found Kota Kinabalu on the globe. I couldn't figure out where Malaysia was located. I guess in two parts!