Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ugh!

I just spent my precious half hour of free time writing up the recipe for the dumplings (in detail) and then lost it.  Now you'll have to wait a bit longer.  

Well, I had my first visit to a Chinese doctor.  I was sick as a dog the other day and got back on my feet yesterday.  I actually threw up in the doctor's office, just to prove to him that I was truly sick!   I had sore throat, killer headache, muscle aches, etc.  Sunny got a milder version and everyone else is in the clear (although Jin is trying to do a good fake cough).  

Today I am going to leave the house for the first time in awhile.  Each day is made up of little adventures (like finding popcorn or a bicycle pump).  

My mandarin classes start today at 4:00 -- so'll we'll see what the diagnosis of my mandarin is -- I may think I am better than I actually am.  

I just heard the news about the "lip syncing" of the little girl during the opening ceremony!  What a shame!  I'm going to try to put a link to that story under the "websites."  Let's see if that works.  

Laura


  


6 comments:

Daisy said...

Since Kaye and Alison are on their little trip I will have to take responsibility for the family and say we are happy you are on your way to good health. Lisa is bringing black and white yarn for me when she comes so I can get started on the panda bears. Saw an albino deer yesterday with red eyes on the way to St. Germaine. The restaurant had salt lamps for sale and after talking to Eileen we have to go back and buy one for her to give as a wedding present.Kaye called from a cemetary some where in the UP wanting to know what Cathy Wongs maiden name was. I don't know what that was all about but will find out when she calls after her trip. I keep loosing things also, what to we do to cause that?

Beanie said...

Why is everyone being so quite?
It is no fun to lurk when there is nothing going on...???? Where is Daifu and Kay ????

Unknown said...

You must be busy! We miss your blogs!
When do the kids start school?

Laura Lofy said...

It took me awhile to recover from being sick. I lost my gusto for awhile. Today is my first day all alone and I plan to sit in bed until two o'clock. I am watching "WEEDS" -- we got it from Eileen and (sorry) never gave it back - -but it's coming in handy now. I'm giving myself one day to pursue my dream of lying in bed all day and watching lifetime movies. I have a feeling I will be working soon, but don't want to jinx anything -- more information later.

Hasn't anyone got Skype up and running yet We have already video conferenced with the Johnson at least four times -- it's awesome --free video phone calls for as long as you want to talk -- genius. You'll want to use it locally too to talk with each other.

Laura Lofy said...

It took me awhile to recover from being sick. I lost my gusto for awhile. Today is my first day all alone and I plan to sit in bed until two o'clock. I am watching "WEEDS" -- we got it from Eileen and (sorry) never gave it back - -but it's coming in handy now. I'm giving myself one day to pursue my dream of lying in bed all day and watching lifetime movies. I have a feeling I will be working soon, but don't want to jinx anything -- more information later.

Hasn't anyone got Skype up and running yet We have already video conferenced with the Johnson at least four times -- it's awesome --free video phone calls for as long as you want to talk -- genius. You'll want to use it locally too to talk with each other.

Daisy said...

We have been waiting to more news from China. We were happy to see the smileing faces of the students and how wonderful there were no tears. Lydia was here and saw her raincoat put to use. An electric scooter, what a blast! Well we uppers do not have an opportunity to buy skype up here so we have to wait until we return to EG around the 21st of Sept. Have you found a job? What is the news about it?