Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Harbin

Made it to Harbin today with one phone number and too little cash (damn fool that I am).  I attended the first day of training for the new Nannies that were hired for Half the Sky's infant nurture program.  The Director of the Program, the Spanish woman, did that whole training in Mandarin -- quite impressive.  The ladies in red are the field supervisors who spend about 20 days per month on the road overseeing the infant care in various orphanages across China.  I went out to dinner with them -- they are a great bunch of people.  Tomorrow I am going to the training for the Big Sisters program, to learn about the programs for older kids.  This would be the program that I would direct if I get the job.  

More tomorrow.....Laura











2 comments:

Daisy said...

Surprise! A new blog from Lori /Laura. Listen to your Mother- always take more money than you need. I was very impressed with the board of directors of half the sky. Would your job be out of Shanghai? I recommended that Cathy Wong go to that site as I know she would be interested. We went to see Amy Tan years ago and she had had her dog in her purse. HEr husband was with her. More later.

Daisy said...

I need that sign-Keep cleaning.