Monday, July 21, 2008

Meet Mr. Zhu

This is Zhu Zheng, our driver.  Jeff and I (because we are now so old) are supposed to call him Xiao Zhu (little Zhu).  He is Shanghai native, and really knows his way around.  Before doing this job, he was a taxi driver.  Mr. Zhu is great with the kids, and has taken a special fondness for Qi Qi.  He is going to take Jin fishing, which made Jin's face just light up.  He said there is a pond where they raise fish, and you only pay if you catch something.  If they do, we are going to bring it home to fry it up.  No catch and release for us! 

The kids start swimming lessons today -- we needed something to structure the day a bit.  They have a class just for themselves taught by "Jefferson." 



12 comments:

Daisy said...

I have joined the 21st century! Now I am learning to blog. I will blog a lot/ We love the pictures and reading what everyone says.


































I

Laura Lofy said...

Which "mom" is this -- Oma or Grandma?

Unknown said...

How do you pronounce My Zhu's name? Zoo Zang?
I think mom is Oma!

Marguerite said...

Great blog, Lori. I can't believe you got a schauzer? You go small, we go bigger. The pictures are wonderful to get a sense of what's happening there. Let's see those tall ceilings and house photos. Any news re: the job? Or is that not blog-material?

Unknown said...

When do you think the novelty of this blog will wear off? But I'm having fun now! It must be fun to go to bed and wake up and see all the new comments from friends and family.

Daisy said...

trying again

Daisy said...

I tried to blog last night when everyone went home and got stuck. Tried again this morning and couldn't do it. then I fooled around and saw my blog appearred. Mom is OMA. Will try again and see what happens.

Daisy said...

I am still trying to get the hang of this blog. This is a test!

Daisy said...

Auntie Daifu is here at Pine Lake helping Oma/Mom. I think we've got her account activated now. Nice day at Pine Lake. Sunny and swimming.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if my picture shows up with my blog. I have to say OK to security question everytime in order for it to be displayed.

Unknown said...

P.S. Mom (Oma)- you should download a daisy next to your name! Lisa can help you!

Laura Lofy said...

kay, yes your photo shows up, but it is really really small -- try to enlarge it if you can!