Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ms. Zhang

This is our "auntie,"
I am truly going to be so spoiled when I get back.  Her name is Zhang, and the kids call her Ayi (auntie), and I call her -- you guessed it -- Little Zhang.  She helps with everything around the house, which is a very weird thing to get used to -- but I think I'll adjust.  She cooks Chinese meals for us, and yesterday brought us Chicken Feet -- even at the risk of offending her -- I had to put my foot down (pardon the pun) on that one.  She took the delicacy home to her family! 

As you can see in this photo, Sun and Qi had quite the water fight in our garage.  I had to go out with Jin, so I suggested that Zhang let the kids play in a tub of water and told her I didn't mind if they got wet.  We came back to a garage full of water and Qi and Sun sliding on their bellies across the entire garage.  The days are SOOOOO hot, that the only way to be outside is to be in or near water.  July and August are not the time to visit -- too darn hot for touring.

Hope everyone is well.  We are working on "Scype" the by the time the novely of this wears off, hopefully, we will be onto the novelty of TV video!


7 comments:

Daisy said...

I have updated my blogger profile. I am now Daisy. I have added a picture, too! Brent is repairing the roof at Larson Point and it is a bear of a job. Try the chicken feet for heaven's sake...or at least try a FOOT! Or at least a TOE!!

Unknown said...

I may become "daylily"; my new favorite flower.
What does "Gou" mean???

Unknown said...

How do you pronounce Mr. Zhu's Name? like "zoo"
How do you pronounce Little Zhang's name? like Zang?
I bet chicken feet would taste pretty good in tempura batter. Are they crunchy?

Laura Lofy said...

Ick! I'm not ready to try chicken feet! Gou means dog. You pronounce "zh" like a "j" so Mr. Zhu is Mr. Jew and Ms. Zhang is Ms. Jang (ahh sound).

Laura Lofy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Is that your motorcycle in the garage Jeff?

Laura Lofy said...

No, that is the auntie's electric scooter! I want one, but Jeff thinks I will kill myself and he is probably right. But it is hard not having any of your own transportation.

Kaye, is there anyway you could write directions as to how to leave comments on this blog -- several people who are not a computer savvy as you have asked -- I will post them on the blog site if you do. Thanks.